Notice anything different on Facebook?
Here is an update on what’s new and how you can use it to your advantage.
Business Manager API Updates:
Facebook is making it easier for businesses to manage their users and assets with the following changes.
- Inviting New Users: Now you are able to not only invite users to join your business but also control their status of their invitation.
- Asset Categorisation: The ability to group assets into categories as well as accessing these categories through different endpoints. This will improve performance when handling a large amount of assets and make it easier to get page results.
- Users at Business Level: Businesses will have more flexibility and control over their users. Users will have different levels of permissions, they can manage their profile and assets associated with each business.
Pages API Updates:
Pages API enhancements – Private Replies, Posts and Commenting
- Scheduled Posts: Now you can get a list scheduled posts, making way for better planned and managed posts.
- @Mention: You can @mention a user in a comment or reply to their post.
- Visitor Posts: Now you can reply to visitor posts privately, engaging with your audience on a whole new level.
Page Access Tokens:
Apps without an authentication token for a page will not have access to the user mode through API, they will still be able to pull comment threads and other engagement actions but userID’s and names will not be available.
Requirements for Page access tokens will take effect on 6th February 2018 and will impact all versions.
Facebook recently announced that they are making the Facebook Advertising platform more transparent to users.
The Facebook Marketing API is deploring Link Ads and Event Ads that are not connected to valid pages, breaking this change will impact all current API versions. Change will go into effect on the 14th November 2017.
Link and Event Ads that were created be for this change will not be editable.
- Real-Time Location Carousel Ads: Now you can add a location card to Carousel ads that show users store locations near them, objective is Conversion or Traffic.
- Consistent Destination: The destination users are taken to once they’ve clicked the call to action button or ad is consistent for all ads using the new field.
- Geo-targeting: Classic geo-targeting can now be used for store visit objects, feature enables you to target areas beyond the radius around the store’s location.
- KPI Tracking: There’s a new KPI field that describes the type of KPI you want to track for ad objectives and campaigns.
Big things are happening for Facebook.
Would you like to know what’s happening next and how you can use it to further your success? Sign up to adhacks.cathowell.com