How We Took 1 Dead eCommerce Funnel and Turned It Into A $500k Per Month Business

In February, we onboarded a new client with amazing potential, Waft. The innovative Singapore-based brand offers customers the opportunity to create and personalise their own, high-quality perfume. While the product was interesting to say the least, the sales just weren’t there.

When we first started working with Waft, they were doing about 8-10 sales per day and it was costing them over $100 per sale… On a $100 product!

Less than two months in, we managed to turn that ship around – taking Waft from petty and horrible FB ad results to half a million dollar monthly revenues from $100K ad spend!

Pre-Facebook Ad Campaign

Before rolling out new campaigns, we run a full audit. Some of the things we look for in these audits include:

  • Placements: Where have budgets fed to
  • Optimisations: Facebook goes through phases where it will give preferential results to certain campaign objectives – we look to see if the brand was leveraging some of these optimisation pockets to their advantage
  • Tracking and pixel health: we check to see what sort of data has been “seasoning” with the pixel and if this data is being used to further improve results
  • CTR and CPC: this helps us to assess the fit between creative and targeting

In our “secret shopper” stage of the process, we found that the brand used a lot of fancy language in its ads (which typically don’t lend well to direct response copywriting).

We also found the user experience needed some work, as there was some confusion from the initial sales page into the product customisation phase.

The Campaign

The objective was to increase sales and drive down the cost per acquisition from $100 to under $30. We also recognised the huge importance in building a warm audience which we could later tap into.

Because Waft was selling personalised perfumes, we used a gamification angle in the creative. We did this by using copy like “What’s your personalised scent?” and “Play Now”.

Aside from this, we also split our interest and behavioural targeting down to individual interest to identify the pockets that would work with the brand.

We also tweaked the landing page the traffic was being directed to. We took the “sales page” and made it more into a “game page”, inviting users to put themselves through the funnel and discover their own unique scent.

We started off with a PPE (page post engagement) and video campaign to a cold audience to build up a large custom audience that could be used for retargeting. From there we split up retargeting groups.

We tried a variety of options, but the clear winner for conversions was Instagram.

The Results

The biggest change we provided Waft with was a stern tidy of the ad account, optimisations and improving the UX to stabilise sales and drop the cost per conversion. The gamification element played a huge role, allowing for mass scale.

2,715 sales from a $94,000 ad spend – resulting in $500,000 in revenue resulting in an average cost per sale of $34!

The brand continued to scale and grow after this and is estimated to hit over $1 million in revenue over the next six months – and we’re excited to see where it goes!

Comments ( 0 )

    Leave A Comment

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Request Your FREE Strategy Call Today